But not today.
While I want to gush about each book listed here, I just don’t have the time. I’m inputting changes from my editor and revising as I go along. And it’s S-L-O-W going. Painfully slow. Unbearably slow. Excrutiatingly slow. (But I’m not complaining.) (Much.)
Where was I? Oh, yeah. Books! If you’re looking for some great reads, let me give you a list of fabulous books I’ve read recently and can highly, highly, highly recommend. (That is to say I LOVED them.)
Almost all of what I’ve read for the past two years has been MG and YA, and I’m telling you it’s really the most creative and stellar writing out there in publishing right now. You don’t have to be a kid to love these books. They are so well crafted, intelligent, and intricate. Really. Read these.
- The Magic Thief series by Sarah Prineas
- The Dreamdark series (Blackbringer & Silksinger) by Laini Taylor
- Chime by Frannie Billingsley
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore (and the companion book Fire)
- The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
- The Attolia series (The Thief, Queen of Attolia, King of Attolia, A Conspiracy of Kings) by Megan Whalen Turner
- You by Charles Benoit
- The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins
So, as I wrote that list, I kept wanting to write in parentheses “I LOVE this. You have to read at least THIS one” after each and every book/series. Seriously. They are all incredible works that you should read. (And then hand them to your kids.)
Go. Go now! (You’ll thank me. Really, you will.) (Happy reading!)